INCITE Process Introduction
Congratulations on the first step towards understanding your customers.
To enable the project to work as smoothly as possible, the following is an outline of the steps from here:
- You provide us with a very brief outline of what you are looking to achieve with the research. This may have already been done at quoting.
- You provide us with a list of (ideally open but closed may be appropriate) questions that you would to know. Bear in mind whilst the actual conversations may take significantly longer (driven by them) we will indicate up front that we will only take 5-10 minutes of participants time. The actual will depend on the length of the responses or amount we have to dig to achieve an appropriate response.
The wording doesn’t need to be perfect – we will discuss with you anything we feel may not get you the answers you need. Please feel free to ask if you would like some assistance or ideas with the questions.
- We will provide you with a suggested introductory message for incorporation in an email to the target customers. It is important that this email comes from an appropriate senior person in your company, and that we are copied in. The email will include a cut-off date (as agreed – 2-3 days) for them to advise us if they do not want to participate. Remember to send the email to participants as Bcc so their confidentiality remains intact.
- You provide us with a list of the (best) contact phone number of the prospective participants – it will depend on your project but as a rule of thumb, an additional 20% of candidates covers non-participants or people we are unable to contact.
- Following the cut-off date, we will commence contacting and questioning per the list.
- Once completed (timing will depend upon how easily we are able to contact participants) we will collate and provide the results. Please note the results are intended to convey participants responses to your questions – not interpret or judge in any way.